Accountant – Housing Division
Full-Time | La Crosse, WI
Hawkins Ash CPAs is looking to hire a Housing Associate for our La Crosse, WI office.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Fee Accountant/Housing Associate is responsible for the compilation of monthly financial statements, budgets, and yearly reports needed in the management of Housing Authorities.
- On a monthly basis, evaluate and code checks
- Review monthly cash receipts and reconcile bank accounts
- Prepare monthly schedules of A/R, A/P, investments, and insurance registers.
- Prepare schedules for fixed assets and depreciation, grants, and inventories.
- Prepare journal vouchers.
- Prepare client budgets, budget revisions, and yearly financial reports.
- Prepare and submit reports via HUD websites/prescribed forms.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum Associate’s Degree. (prefer bachelor’s degree)
- Proficiency with computers, various software packages, and business machines.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work occasional overtime throughout the year.
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively solve problems.
Hawkins Ash CPAs is a regional, full-service public accounting firm. Since 1956, we have provided consistent, thoughtful, and difference-making audit, accounting, tax and consulting services to clients in Wisconsin, Minnesota and across the United States. We are a growing firm with currently six offices in Wisconsin and three offices in Minnesota. Firm-wide, we have 140 professionals and 16 partners.
At Hawkins Ash CPAs, it’s our desire to create a satisfying and enjoyable work environment and culture that makes it easy for you to stay working with us through all the stages of your career. We’re focused on the whole you by providing opportunities for balancing work and life, achieving goals and celebrating successes, taking care of our communities, and having fun at work. Our employees have a voice in making Hawkins Ash CPAs even better than it is today.
La Crosse Housing Partner
I joined Hawkins Ash CPAs in 2006 and am the Partner in charge of the firm’s Housing Division. In this role, I oversee the development of services and staff in addition to providing financial accounting and consulting services to housing authorities nationwide. I am also a speaker and trainer with the firm, and travel to state housing association meetings.Learn More About Angie Campbell