Accountant – Housing Division
Full-Time | La Crosse, WI
Hawkins Ash CPAs is looking to hire a Housing Associate for our La Crosse, WI office.
At Hawkins Ash CPAs, we place value on you and your career.
We celebrate and encourage both personal and professional growth and empower leaders. We cultivate and preserve a strong culture of inclusivity – where everyone is invited to boldly share their ideas and perspectives.
Our culture is a connected team, dedicated to mutual respect and personal growth.
We strive to provide professional freedom and flexibility, and we collaborate to achieve measurable success for clients and team members.
Hawkins Ash CPAs truly cares about the people around us–our employees, clients, and community.
Whether you are a recent graduate or experienced professional, a rewarding and fulfilling career is waiting for you at Hawkins Ash CPAs. Come join a team where commitment to care, compassion, growth and leadership are top priorities!
As a Housing Associate you will:
- Evaluate and code checks
- Review monthly cash receipts and reconcile bank accounts
- Prepare monthly schedules of A/R, A/P, investments, and insurance registers
- Prepare schedules for fixed assets and depreciation, grants, and inventories
- Prepare journal vouchers
- Prepare client budgets, budget revisions, and yearly financial reports
- Prepare and submit reports via HUD websites/prescribed forms
- Other duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum Associate’s Degree. (prefer bachelor’s degree)
- Proficiency with computers, various software packages, and business machines.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work occasional overtime throughout the year.
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively solve problems.
La Crosse Housing Partner
I joined Hawkins Ash CPAs in 2006 and am the Partner in charge of the firm’s Housing Division. In this role, I oversee the development of services and staff in addition to providing financial accounting and consulting services to housing authorities nationwide. I am also a speaker and trainer with the firm, and travel to state housing association meetings.Learn More About Angie Campbell