Senior Accounting Services Associate
Full-Time | Winona, MN
Hawkins Ash CPAs is looking to hire a Senior Accounting Services Associate for our Winona office.
At Hawkins Ash CPAs, we place value on you and your career.
We celebrate and encourage both personal and professional growth and empower leaders. We cultivate and preserve a strong culture of inclusivity – where everyone is invited to boldly share their ideas and perspectives.
Our culture is a connected team, dedicated to mutual respect and personal growth.
We strive to provide professional freedom and flexibility, and we collaborate to achieve measurable success for clients and team members.
Hawkins Ash CPAs truly care about the people around us–our employees, clients, and community.
Whether you are a recent graduate or experienced professional, a rewarding and fulfilling career is waiting for you at Hawkins Ash CPAs. Come join a team where commitment to care, compassion, growth and leadership are top priorities!
As a Senior Accounting Services Associate you will:
- Go on-site to clients’ location to assist with interim accounting needs and/or assist them with reconciliations
- Prepare workpapers, reconcile accounts, and compile financial statements for clients
- Process payroll and prepare payroll tax forms
- Research various payroll related governmental regulations ensuring compliance with these regulations
- Prepare tax forms such as 1099s, sales tax forms, etc.
- Advanced understanding of client and internal accounting softwares (QuickBooks, Sage 50, Accounting CS, etc.)
- Provide timely and accurate accounting assistance per client requests
- Assist the Tax and Audit teams as needed
- Perform accounting research when necessary
- Implement firm standard procedures
- Manage various deadlines
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Associate’s degree in Business or Accounting or three years’ of similar experience
- Prior experience processing payroll desired
- Ability to manage deadlines
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Motivated and independent worker
Enjoy the great benefits at Hawkins Ash CPAs such as generous PTO; 401k match; health, dental, vision, and life insurance; wellness programs; flexible work-life balance; and so much more!
This is a great opportunity to join an amazing team!
Greg Kenworthy, CPA
I focus on the accounting and tax needs of privately held businesses and individuals. I also served two tours of duty with the Army in Iraq.Learn More About Greg Kenworthy, CPA