Human Resources Generalist
Full-Time | La Crosse, WI, Marshfield, WI, Mequon, WI, Neenah, WI, or Rochester, MN
One opening, any one of the three locations.
Hawkins Ash CPAs is continuing to grow. We are hiring an HR Generalist to assist the Firm in all areas of Human Resources. This is a full-time opportunity that can be located out of our La Crosse, Rochester, or Marshfield office. You will work as a part of a two-person HR team, with the other HR Generalist located in the Firm’s Green Bay office.
We seek a talented HR professional to handle a wide variety of HR duties that include but not limited to:
- Recommend HR policies and objectives for the Firm
- Review and make necessary updates to the employee handbook on an annual basis
- Determine and recommend employee relations activities and practices necessary to establish a positive level of employee engagement
- Handle HR compliance (EEO, ERISA, FLSA, etc.)
- Manage FMLA
- Facilitate and assist with the Firm’s performance management process
- Conduct new hire orientation for all new employees
- Coordinate the full recruitment and hiring process for open positions
- Assist the Partners with appropriately documenting employee issues
- Conduct exit interviews
- Maintain personnel files and records
- Monitor unemployment insurance claims
- And more!
This is truly a great opportunity to put your HR skills and talents to use in an important, generalist role.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources
- A minimum of two years of related HR experience, along with a proficiency in a variety of office and HR technology.
- High sense of responsibility, persistence, and confidentiality with strong planning and organizing skills.
- Self-motivated. Effective and unpressured with time-sensitive tasks.
- A willingness to travel to all Firm offices as necessary is required, which does include some out-of-town and overnight travel, estimated at one to two overnights per month.
Hawkins Ash CPAs is a regional, full-service public accounting firm. Since 1956, we have provided consistent, thoughtful, and difference-making audit, accounting, tax and consulting services to clients in Wisconsin, Minnesota and across the United States. We are a growing firm with currently six offices in Wisconsin and three offices in Minnesota. Firm-wide, we have 140 professionals and 16 partners.
At Hawkins Ash CPAs, it’s our desire to create a satisfying and enjoyable work environment and culture that makes it easy for you to stay working with us through all the stages of your career. We’re focused on the whole you by providing opportunities for balancing work and life, achieving goals and celebrating successes, taking care of our communities, and having fun at work. Our employees have a voice in making Hawkins Ash CPAs even better than it is today.
Abe Leis, CPA
Based in the Firm’s headquarters, La Crosse, I became Managing Partner in 2016 and oversee the Firm’s nine offices and the daily management of the Firm.Learn More About Abe Leis, CPA