Senior Accounting Services Associate
Full-Time | Winona, MN
To assist clients with their accounting, payroll, and related reporting needs. To maintain the organization’s accounting records and reports, ensuring they are in compliance with generally accepted accounting practices. To provide financial information as needed to effectively manage the organization’s operations.
- Go on-site to clients’ location to assist with interim accounting needs and/or assist them with reconciliations
- Prepare workpapers, reconcile accounts and compile financial statements for clients
- Research various payroll related governmental regulations ensuring compliance with these regulations
- Prepare tax forms such as 1099s, sales tax forms, etc.
- Advanced understanding of client and internal accounting softwares (QuickBooks, Sage 50, Accounting CS, etc.)
- Provide timely and accurate accounting assistance per client requests
- Assist the Tax and Audit teams as needed
- Perform accounting research when necessary
- Implement firm standard procedures
- Manage various deadlines
Experience and Skills:
- Three to five years of similar or related experience working in a CPA firm preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior experience processing payroll desired
- Ability to manage deadlines
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Motivated and independent worker
About Our Firm:
Hawkins Ash CPAs is a regional, full-service public accounting firm. For more than 60 years we have provided consistent, thoughtful and difference-making audit, accounting, tax and consulting services to clients in Wisconsin and Minnesota and across the United States. We are a growing firm with currently six offices in Wisconsin and three offices in Minnesota. Firm-wide we have 150+ professionals and 16 partners.
Hawkins Ash CPAs is a regional, full-service public accounting firm. Since 1956, we have provided consistent, thoughtful, and difference-making audit, accounting, tax and consulting services to clients in Wisconsin, Minnesota and across the United States. We are a growing firm with currently six offices in Wisconsin and three offices in Minnesota. Firm-wide, we have 140 professionals and 16 partners.
At Hawkins Ash CPAs, it’s our desire to create a satisfying and enjoyable work environment and culture that makes it easy for you to stay working with us through all the stages of your career. We’re focused on the whole you by providing opportunities for balancing work and life, achieving goals and celebrating successes, taking care of our communities, and having fun at work. Our employees have a voice in making Hawkins Ash CPAs even better than it is today.
Greg Kenworthy, CPA
I focus on the accounting and tax needs of privately held businesses and individuals. I also served two tours of duty with the Army in Iraq.Learn More About Greg Kenworthy, CPA