Full-Time | La Crosse, WI
At Hawkins Ash CPAs we use the “big picture” approach. Picture yourself here at Hawkins Ash CPAs!
We’re a full-service accounting firm capable of providing you with both tax and audit experience, so you can find your sweet spot on our team.
Don’t prep, process, or crunch numbers for only part of your job; get the experience of completing an entire job from start to finish.
Enjoy the flexibility in where you work: From the office, at a client’s, or even your home.
Hawkins Ash CPAs is looking to hire a Senior Auditor for our La Crosse office.
As a Senior Auditor, you will:
- Responsible for performing audits, reviews, compilations, and agreed-upon-procedures for schools, not-for-profit entities, and commercial entities.
- Planning the engagement, performing fieldwork, preparation of full disclosure financial statements, and required reports for management and regulating agencies, performing other non-audit accounting services, and preparation of tax returns (if applicable).
- Travel to/from engagements, which includes some overnight travel when needed.
- Familiar with and use of the firm’s research tools-Checkpoint.
- Prepare and review Form 990s.
- Responsible for supporting the growth of co-workers through answering questions on/teaching firm policy, accounting procedures, and software.
- Actively participates in community activities to develop positive relationships with community leaders and members.
- Prepare work papers and returns for tax clients.
- Attend continuing professional education seminars.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, with CPA eligibility
- Two to four years of experience providing accounting and financial services is preferred, exceptions can occur based on work to be performed
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work extended hours as necessary
- Ability to travel to local client sites as needed (some overnight may be required)
Hawkins Ash CPAs is a regional, full-service public accounting firm. Since 1956, we have provided consistent, thoughtful, and difference-making audit, accounting, tax and consulting services to clients in Wisconsin, Minnesota and across the United States. We are a growing firm with currently six offices in Wisconsin and three offices in Minnesota. Firm-wide, we have 140 professionals and 16 partners.
At Hawkins Ash CPAs, it’s our desire to create a satisfying and enjoyable work environment and culture that makes it easy for you to stay working with us through all the stages of your career. We’re focused on the whole you by providing opportunities for balancing work and life, achieving goals and celebrating successes, taking care of our communities, and having fun at work. Our employees have a voice in making Hawkins Ash CPAs even better than it is today.
La Crosse Partner-in-Charge
Monica Hauser, CPA
I joined Hawkins Ash CPAs in 2002 and became a firm partner in 2012. I specialize in audit services for housing authorities, municipalities and school districts.Learn More About Monica Hauser, CPA