2022 Tax Internship
Seasonal Full-Time | Manitowoc, WI
As an Intern you will:
- Gain hands-on tax-related experience.
- Participate in intern orientation to help get you the technical training needed to start contributing immediately.
- Receive on-the-job training and real-world experience working with clients; you will put what you learned in classes to use!
- Have the opportunity to work directly with staff—from Senior Accountants all the way up to Partners—and learn directly from them.
- Demonstrate your work ethic, knowledge and interest in joining our firm full-time.
You will assist and provide tax services to clients with a primary focus on gaining exposure to the clients we serve. You will utilize your accounting education to assist in processing tax returns while providing support to other employees.
- Prepare individual and business income tax returns.
- Conduct tax research and convey information to supervisor.
- Assist in preparation of timely and accurate financial statements to enable effective, timely and informed decision making.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Must have completed corporate or individual taxation class.
- Achieving credits to sit for the Certified Public Account (CPA) exam.
- Excellent skills in communication, organization and attention to detail.
- Must have strong computer skills, especially proficient in Microsoft Office.
About Our Firm:
Hawkins Ash CPAs is a regional, full-service public accounting firm. For more than 60 years we have provided consistent, thoughtful and difference-making audit, accounting, tax and consulting services to clients in Wisconsin and Minnesota and across the United States. We are a growing firm with currently six offices in Wisconsin and three offices in Minnesota. Firm-wide we have 150+ professionals and 16 partners.
Hawkins Ash CPAs is a regional, full-service public accounting firm. Since 1956, we have provided consistent, thoughtful, and difference-making audit, accounting, tax and consulting services to clients in Wisconsin, Minnesota and across the United States. We are a growing firm with currently six offices in Wisconsin and three offices in Minnesota. Firm-wide, we have 140 professionals and 16 partners.
At Hawkins Ash CPAs, it’s our desire to create a satisfying and enjoyable work environment and culture that makes it easy for you to stay working with us through all the stages of your career. We’re focused on the whole you by providing opportunities for balancing work and life, achieving goals and celebrating successes, taking care of our communities, and having fun at work. Our employees have a voice in making Hawkins Ash CPAs even better than it is today.
Jeff Dvorachek, CPA
I joined Hawkins Ash CPAs in 1998 and am tax director for the firm. I have thorough experience providing tax services to individuals, commercial businesses, nonprofit entities and estates and trusts.Learn More About Jeff Dvorachek, CPA